if i had twenty minutes
If I had only twenty minutes to tell you and the entire world something,
1. I would sing you a song,
2. It would say that you are enough
3. And that you are not too much.
4. You would know that you are known, and loved by Papa, the creator of soil, bones and song birds.
5. You would know that mercy wins instead of judgement,
6. And perfect love banishes fear.
7. You would know the feel of love, even if not its words.
8. You would forget the burn of lonely
9. And know the cool-warm of skin wrapped around arms wide open.
10. You would know that you are irreplaceable. So, please, keep breathing, love.